Summer is a popular time for vacations and taking time to relax, but when it comes to resuming exercise regimens, Dr. Tuvi Mendel, one of the leading foot and ankle specialists in the Quad Cities, says people should take certain…
Dr. Tuvi Mendel is the head of Orthopaedic Specialists’ Foot & Ankle Center, and he is known as one of the leading foot and ankle surgeons in the Quad Cities. He provides orthopaedic care to our patients with disorders or injuries of the feet, ankles, and lower legs with such treatments as minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery, total ankle replacements, bunionectomy, injections, and other advanced treatments. Dr. Mendel also has subspecialty certification in orthopaedic sports medicine, and he has extensive experience and training in sports-related injuries of the foot and ankle, shoulder, and lower extremities, and he is able to offer arthroscopic, minimally invasive management of these injuries. With his extensive experience and skill, our foot and ankle specialist can provide high-quality results through both surgical and nonsurgical procedures.
Dr. Mendel received both his undergraduate and medical degree from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge. He then completed an internship and residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, focusing on the field of orthopaedic surgery. Following his residency, Dr. Mendel worked personally with the well-known orthopaedic specialist Dr. Roger Mann in Oakland, California, during a fellowship, studying and training in adult reconstruction, sports injuries, and other aspects of foot and ankle surgery.
To learn more about the services Dr. Mendel offers through our Foot & Ankle Center and Sports Medicine Center, call (563) 344-9292 or request an appointment online.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate Degree: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Doctor of Medicine: LSU Health New Orleans School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- General Surgery Internship: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship: Oakland Bone & Joint Specialists, Oakland, CA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certification, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society
- Scott County Medical Society
- Certified in robotically assisted surgery
- Director of Shoulder and Ankle Surgery at Mississippi Valley Surgery Center