Tyson Cobb, MD
Director of Hand and Upper Extremity Center
Dr. Tyson Cobb, a pioneer in the use of minimally invasive orthopedic surgery, graduated from Texas Tech School of Medicine. While serving his surgical residency at the Mayo Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, he completed a Master’s Degree in Biomedical Sciences and served as an active member of Mayo Clinic’s Research Team. Following completion of a Fellowship in Hand and Microvascular surgery at the University of Texas, Dr. Cobb joined Orthopaedic Specialists in 2000. He has dedicated much of his career to becoming one of the world’s experts on minimally invasive surgery of the upper extremity and now holds several patents for minimally invasive surgical equipment. He has developed and published several techniques for minimally invasive surgery of the hand and upper extremity. He instructs surgeons around the world in the use of minimally invasive arthroscopic and endoscopic orthopedic surgery techniques for the upper extremity.
Dr. Cobb is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand
- European Wrist Arthroscopy Society
- American Society for Peripheral Nerve
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society
Dr. Cobb is Board Certified by the following organization:
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand
Contact Orthopaedic Specialists
If you would like more information on Dr. Tyson Cobb and the procedures he offers in our Hand, Wrist and Elbow Center, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please contact Orthopaedic Specialists today.