Joint replacement has traditionally been performed as an inpatient procedure in the hospital setting, but our team at Orthopaedic Specialists is proud to offer the potential of outpatient joint replacement surgery using the MAKO SmartRobotic™…
Dr. Robert Cagle is an orthopaedic surgeon who has extensive training in joint replacement surgery of the knee and hip. He is proficient in both primary and revision hip and knee replacement. Dr. Cagle utilizes minimally invasive techniques, such as the direct anterior (DA) approach to total hip replacement, to speed postoperative recovery and experience less pain. He has extensive experience with robotics (Mako®), partial knee replacements, navigation, and other modern joint replacement techniques. He is fellowship-trained in hip preservation/sports medicine as well as in trauma. Dr. Cagle has experience with professional athletes as an assistant team physician for the Indianapolis Colts and amateur athletes by covering high school athletics, Division I collegiate athletics, boxing, and mixed martial arts.
Dr. Cagle comes from the Midwest and loves outdoor activities. He and his wife, Amy, have three children. In his leisure time, Dr. Cagle enjoys competing in Ironman triathlons, fishing, boating, camping, hiking, and spending time with his family.
As the director of orthopaedic robotic-assisted surgery at both Mississippi Valley Surgery Center and UnityPoint Health - Trinity in Bettendorf, Dr. Cagle shares his experience of performing hundreds of surgeries using the Mako SmartRobotics™ technology.
To learn more about the services Dr. Cagle offers through our Joint Replacement Center, call (563) 344-9292 or request an appointment online. You can also browse his videos on YouTube to learn more from Dr. Cagle and his patients.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Purdue University, Hammond, IN
- Doctor of Medicine: Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Internship: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Hip Preservation/Sports Medicine Fellowship: Methodist Sports Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Traveling Fellowship: AO Traveling Trauma Fellowship, Bern, Switzerland
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- AO Trauma
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- USA Boxing
- Director of Orthopaedic Robotic-Assisted Surgery at Mississippi Valley Surgery Center and UnityPoint Health - Trinity in Bettendorf
- Served as Indianapolis Colts Assistant Team Physician, 2016 – 2017 season
- Appointed Clinical Instructor of Surgery of Orthopaedic Surgery at Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, 2013 – 2016