There are a number of informational sites on the Internet that can provide further information on orthopaedics and related health issues.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – this link will take you to more patient information from the AAOS.
- About Orthopedics – a wealth of information about orthopedic procedures and the ailments they treat.
- History of Orthopedics – From its birth in 1741, Orthopedics has been focused on preventing and correcting muscular and skeletal defects and deformities.
- Back Pain Information from Orthogate – general information about the back and what causes back pain.
Foot and Ankle:
- Foot Care Advice from the Foot Health Forum – Free advice on foot pain and foot problems. Forum/message board structure.
- Anatomy of the Foot and Ankle – An in-depth look at the structure of the foot and ankle.
- A Patient’s Guide to Knee Anatomy – Information you need to understand the anatomy of the knee joint and how it works.
- Arthroscopy – Information on arthroscopic surgery and how it’s performed.
- Hip Problems – Gain insight into your pain or problem with this informative, online tutorial.
Hand and Wrist:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – Information on what Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is, how it’s diagnosed and treated.
- Trigger Finger and Trigger Thumb – Learn more about these conditions through this helpful web site.
- Childhood and Adolescent Sports-Related Injuries – Information on injuries associated with youth sports participation.
- Shin Splints – A program designed to prevent painful shin splints.
- Burners and Stingers – A fact sheet that covers evaluation and treatment of these sports-related neck injuries.
- A Patient’s Guide to Rotator Cuff Tear – An online resource to help you understand what the rotator cuff is, how it can be torn and what you can do about it.